Maccy is a lightweight clipboard manager for macOS. It keeps the history of what you copy and lets you quickly navigate, search, and use previous clipboard contents.
- Why Yet Another Clipboard Manager
- Lightweight and fast
- Secure and private
- Native UI
- Open source and free
brew cask install maccy
- COMMAND (⌘) + SHIFT (⇧) + C to popup Maccy or click on its icon in the menu bar.
- Type what you want to find.
- To select the history item you wish to copy, press ENTER, or click the item, or use COMMAND (⌘) +
- To choose the history item and paste, press ALT (⌥) + ENTER, or ALT (⌥) + CLICK the item, or use ALT (⌥) +
- To delete the history item, press ALT (⌥) + DELETE (⌫).
- To see the full text of the history item, wait a couple of seconds for tooltip.
Automatically Start at Login
Just add Maccy to your "Login items".
Change Default Settings
To change default settings, use the following commands from Terminal.
defaults write org.p0deje.Maccy hotKey control+option+m # default is command+shift+c
defaults write org.p0deje.Maccy historySize 100 # default is 999
Show/Hide Icon in Status Bar
defaults write org.p0deje.Maccy showInStatusBar false # default is true
Automatically Paste by Default
Select and paste in one go.
defaults write org.p0deje.Maccy pasteByDefault true # default is false
Enable/Disable Fuzzy Search
defaults write org.p0deje.Maccy fuzzySearch true # default is false
Make sure you quit the app and restart it after changing the options here.
brew update brew cask upgrade maccy killall Maccy # closes the app if it is running open /Applications/Maccy.app # opens the new version
Why Yet Another Clipboard Manager
There are dozens of similar applications out there, so why build another? Over the past years since I moved from Linux to macOS, I struggled to find a clipboard manager that is as free and simple as Parcellite, but I couldn't. So I've decided to build one.
Also, I wanted to learn Swift and get acquainted with macOS application development.